I have the perfect kid approved snack for you! These are easy to make, full of healthy ingredients and they taste like cookie dough so even the pickiest of eaters are sure to love them!
Oats will give your family a good dose of fiber which keeps your digestive system healthy and they also take longer to break down keeping you full longer. You can use any nut butter you would like in this recipe. It might change the flavor a bit, but if you have a peanut or nut allergy you can be creative and use whatever butter works for you, and there are many alternatives out there that are delicious and healthy. Raw honey is the best way to go. You can use maple syrup, but raw honey is the best. Raw honey contains a good amount of antioxidants, antibacterial properties, and it is filled with phytonutrients. Flax seeds are packed with Omega-3s making this snack an excellent option!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or substitute peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Roll out teaspoon sized balls and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Freeze until set about one hour.
- Enjoy and keep leftovers in the fridge or freezer.