It’s time to skip the same old sandwich and chips routine and upgrade your kid’s lunchbox with some delicious and healthy snacks that they will love! These are easy and packed full of nutrients.
From Monday to Friday, your kids rush out the door with sometimes not getting the best breakfast, and as a parent you want to know your child is eating a healthy lunch. I have put together a list of lunchbox essentials! Your kids will be excited that you have taken lunch to the next level and you will be happy knowing that while they are away from you, they are getting filled up with the good stuff.
So here are my 10 Lunchbox Essentials:
- Hydration Options – Water, of course is always a great choice but to change it up try coconut water! It is great for natural hydration. Gatorade is full of toxins and sugars, but coconut water is packed with potassium, magnesium and antioxidants. Another good option is Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar Limeade. They have a few different flavors such as Limeade, Grape, Apple Cinnamon, and Pomegranate. These are a great alternatives to your typical juice and they are very good for supporting the overall health of your gut.
- Protein Shakes – Mix full fat coconut milk with Bone Broth Protein Powder is a great option for filling your kids up and getting their protein in.
- Wild caught tuna – It’s an easy switch from lunch meat or PB&J. Salmon is also a great option filled with Omega 3s and has many anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Grass-fed Jerky – Beef jerky or turkey jerky is a great protein option for lunchboxes. They come in all different flavors and is a great snack for your kids. Protein is great for maintaining sugar levels and making sure your kids don’t burn out half way through the day. (For more information check out this vlog)
- Nut Butters – Our kids love nut butters, almond butters, peanut butters. They can be used in a variety of ways such as on apples, celery or bananas.
- Bars – There are many bars on the market and we have tried them all. Larabars and Oatmega bars are packed with good nutrients and are some of our kids favorites.
- Nuts and Seeds – Roasted chickpeas, sprouted nuts such as almonds, pistachios and pecans are healthy salty options which give them the crunch the are looking for in other unhealthy snacks.
- Crackers and Chips – We love Mary’s Gone Crackers, Bare coconut chips, and Thrive Market has healthy sprouted popcorn and many other options. Click here to explore all Thrive Market options and get 25% off your first order.
- Fruit – Avocados, peaches, plums, apples, and bananas are all great choices. They are full of potassium, Vitamin C, fiber and folic acid.
- Something Sweet – When we splurge, because let’s face it, we all love chocolate. We love LILY’S Chocolate They have no added sugars. They are a healthy alternative to candy bars. They come in a variety of flavors so you won’t be disappointed.
Implement some of these ideas into your child’s lunch, and they will be excited for some new variety and you will be happy knowing they are getting good nutrients every day.