Summer time offers warm weather, outdoor fun and memorable times with family and friends. One thing you don’t want is to spend a lot of time in the kitchen making meals. This refreshing cucumber salad is satisfying, fresh and quick to prepare. Making this for your friends and family will make you feel good about what you’re feeding them. And they’ll love the delicious simplicity of the crispy cucumbers surrounded by the other cool, colorful flavors.
Cucumbers offer many health benefits, one being it keeps your body hydrated. This salad supports weight loss, lowers blood sugar and heart health.
I love having it on hand to come home to after a day outside at the pool or the beach. It’s best served cold, so if you bring it with you, keep it in the cooler. So next time you’re invited to a pool party or having a day outdoors, make sure these few ingredients make it to your produce shopping list and you’ll see how easy this is to make.
- 1/2 c sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced
- 3 celery sticks, slice
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon (or other fresh herb)
- 2 tsp fresh basil
- Combine peppers, cucumber, celery, fennel & onion in a large bowl. Cover & refrigerate.
- Whisk oil with lemon juice, garlic, herbs, cover & refrigerate.
- One hour before serving, toss salad with dressing.
- Add sea salt & pepper to taste.
Photo cred: MaxLiving