This green side dish could win the “Nutrient Dense” award. It is all the supporting flavors that bring the greens to life on your plate! And your body will welcome spinach, kale, and collards that will parade vitamin A, vitamin K, calcium, antioxidants, and fiber right into your body.
Sautéed greens should be served along side a simple protein such as salmon, chicken or beef. And if you’re feeling extra special (or need to clean a few things out of your vegetable bin), add broccoli, brussels sprouts or cabbage.
And if you haven’t thought about it already, this is great in your lunch the next day. Toss in a few grape tomatoes and serve cold. It’s smart and stupendous!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Small onion, chopped
- 6 pitted black olives, chopped (optional)
- 2 lbs mix of spinach, kale, or collards
- Broccoli, cabbage or brussels sprouts (parboiled)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled feta (optional) (leave out for the 14-Day REBOOT)
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and onion and cook until onion wilts.
- Add greens (chop the kale or collards but not the spinach) and olives, if using them.
- Sauté the greens 8–10 minutes. If using spinach, add after 5 minutes and sauté spinach for 2–3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and cook one more minute.
Cred: Max Living Recipes