It’s the word that no one ever wants to hear, the word that can strike fear immediately into your mind. Most of us can think of someone in our family or circle or friends who has had to battle cancer. But what if we told you that there are lifestyle habits you can make to live cancer free? What if we told you that cancer isn’t something from the outside world but it forms from within?
But what exactly is cancer? We don’t know how to defeat something unless we understand how it forms. So, here is the breakdown.
The normal process for the body is that human cells grow and divide to form new cells as the body needs them. When cells grow old or become damaged, they die, and new cells take their place (apoptosis). However, cancer develops when this orderly process breaks down. As cells become more and more abnormal, old or damaged cells survive when they should die, and new cells form when they are not needed. These extra cells can divide without stopping and may form growths called tumors. And these tumors can turn into cancer.
How does the process break down? It breaks down from many different factors that occur on a daily basis. Here are a few examples. Our body is under stress emotionally, mentally and physically and when we don’t manage our stress it can cause long term damage to our bodies. There are thousands of toxins in the environment that cause our bodies to go off kilter and disrupt the normal cellular process. Lack of oxygen to our bodies from not exercising can have a major impact on our cells. The food we put into our bodies will either give fuel to the normal process or they will aid in disrupting the process. Not supporting our immune system and nerve supply can cause major issues in function and lead to cancer.
We are here to teach you how to build health in your body so you can live empowered.
Here are 5 steps to naturally fight cancer:
- Manage your stress by getting great sleep (click here for sleep tips), putting positive thoughts in and keeping the negative thoughts out, and use oils such as lavender to ease stress.
- Eat those good fats and high protein foods throughout the day to put good fuel in your body. Eat grass fed beef, cage free eggs and free range chicken.
- Exercise every day. Even if it is a 10 minute walk. Get your body moving. It is proven to boost your immune system and boost oxygen to your body (cancer can not thrive in an oxygenated environment).
- Avoid toxins from body care products, cleaning products and certain foods. (To read more about avoiding toxins click here)
- Supplements. There are many great supplements that support immune system, gut health, and thyroid health. They naturally work with your bodies process of breaking down cells and making new ones. Before you begin any supplement regimen we always recommend specific testing to know exactly what you need. Click here for information on one of our favorite test (Organix Comprehensive Test)
God made our bodies amazing and He gave us the ability to heal ourselves when we put the correct nutrients in and keep the toxins out.
For more information go to DrSerrano.me.