If you are looking for a healthy kid’s snack this is a simple recipe will save the day. It’s so quick and easy to make but best part about it is that the options and flavor combinations are endless. It’s the prefect combination between sweet and salty, and the kids will love it in their lunchboxes, for breakfast or as an “on-the-go” snack.
The other great thing I love about this is it is simple enough for your kids to make it with you, and when you break it all apart it doesn’t have to be perfect! Time to connect and be with your kids plus a healthy snack option…sounds like a win win to me!
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- ½ cup honey, agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 medium strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- Mix sweetener of your choice and yogurt together. Pour into a freezer proof dish.
- Top yogurt with strawberries and pistachios. (Or add/substitute whatever fruit and nut combination you would like)
- Freeze for 3 hours or until bark is solid. Remove from freezer and let sit for 5 minutes. Break into pieces.
- Serve immediately or store in freezer safe bags for about one month.