This recipe is one to keep! It is packed with tons of natural sweetness and is the perfect soft moist consistency that the whole family will love. It’s nut free, grain free, oil free, and dairy free, so no matter what you are needing to avoid in your diet, this will most likely pass the test. What I love about this recipe is that it is perfect for a quick breakfast on the go if you are rushing the kids out for school, but you are still giving them something nutritious and healthy. It is great for a snack or to pack in their lunches. It is great for you if you don’t like having a big breakfast in the mornings, but still need something to fill your stomach, and it is perfect for a mid morning or afternoon snack. It is filled with protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron.
If you are an early riser like me, this is a great pre-workout meal. I never want to eat too heavy before I workout, but it is smart to have something in your stomach for fuel and this bread is perfect. Whether you are a runner or you like to do HIIT workouts this is easy to digest but is packed full of nutrients to give you a boost and get you started.
- 2 small overripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. organic coconut flour
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 2/3-3/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and one an 8 x 4 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas well and whisk with the eggs, coconut milk, vanilla and maple syrup.
- In a smaller bow, combine the coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and powder and salt.
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet until fully combined.
- Finally, fold in the blueberries and transfer mixture into pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.
For more recipes, health articles and supplements click here
PHOTO CRED: dinneratthezoo.com